Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters
  • Reply to topic

[Solved] About creating a live installation iso

ika

[Solved] About creating a live installation iso Empty [Solved] About creating a live installation iso

Post by ika 12th August 2024, 8:43 am

Hi!
I want to create a my custom iso with guestuser but I can not make an installation with user name guest.
How can I mannage it?
Thanks,
Ika

Last edited by ika on 20th August 2024, 7:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

[Solved] About creating a live installation iso Empty Re: [Solved] About creating a live installation iso

Post by Upgreyed 12th August 2024, 1:46 pm

ika wrote:Hi!
I want to create a my custom iso with guestuser but I can not make an installation with user name guest.
How can I mannage it?
Thanks,
Ika
This is just a basic iso creation setup for a iso with /home/guest to get you started as much more intricate details in creating a custom iso to share. You can install the iso with /home/ika or whatever name you choose. Then use the user manager on the iso to create /home/guest and delete your /home/ika. Setup the install the way you want it to look like and then copy your own custom configuration to /etc/skel. Cleanup removing all unnecessary files and then use the Snapshot Creation Tool provided to create the iso and thoroughly test it out running live and installing your newly created iso. Wink

MATE
System > Administration > Mate User Manager
XFCE
System > XFCE User Manager
Plasma
System Setting > Users
Cinnamon
Administration > Users and Groups
Budgie
Budgie Control Center > Users
ika

[Solved] About creating a live installation iso Empty Re: [Solved] About creating a live installation iso

Post by ika 14th August 2024, 9:19 am

Thanks Admin for your reply.A bit sad there's no a direct way to set the guest... but I ''ll go with it.
thanks again ,
Ika.
ika

Post by ika 17th August 2024, 12:46 pm

I tried to create the guest user but not able to do it without password. Any chance to do it that way? As it is in the official iso.

Ika.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 17th August 2024, 12:53 pm

ika wrote:I tried to create the guest user but not able to do it without password. Any chance to do it that way? As it is in the official iso.

Ika.

As root:
Code:
passwd -d guest
ika

Post by ika 17th August 2024, 1:03 pm

Upgreyed wrote:
ika wrote:I tried to create the guest user but not able to do it without password. Any chance to do it that way? As it is in the official iso.

Ika.

As root:
Code:
passwd -d guest

Thanks Admin, I'll go to try it these days.
Also, is it possible not to fill the real login name field? IMO is not extremely nice to appear the user name twice. Smile
Thanks again for your quick answer. Smile
Ika.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 17th August 2024, 1:47 pm

ika wrote:
Thanks Admin, I'll go to try it these days.
Also, is it possible not to fill the real login name field? IMO is not extremely nice to appear the user name twice. Smile
Thanks again for your quick answer. Smile
Ika.
If you have guest added in the user manager you can delete it all in there.
As root
Code:
adduser guest
Just press enter for all fields (name address) You only want to add the temporary password in here.
And add a temporary password for guest.

Then you remove guest password
Code:
passwd -d guest
Now you should have only guest in the login without a password to enter.
ika

Post by ika 17th August 2024, 2:30 pm

OK,Admin, I'll look for it.Thanks again. Smile
Ika.
ika

Post by ika 19th August 2024, 10:30 am

Many thanks.All is ok.
Ika.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is 20th September 2024, 8:48 pm