Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters
  • Reply to topic

[SOLVED] I want the popups to stop when I hover on the bottom menu.

Bill_G

[SOLVED] I want the popups to stop when I hover on the bottom menu.  Empty [SOLVED] I want the popups to stop when I hover on the bottom menu.

Post by Bill_G 13th June 2024, 5:56 pm

I turned off notifications but that must be for something else. I can ask at LQ if this is getting to newbieish. Thanks.

Last edited by Bill_G on 13th June 2024, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nish
Nish

[SOLVED] I want the popups to stop when I hover on the bottom menu.  Empty Re: [SOLVED] I want the popups to stop when I hover on the bottom menu.

Post by Nish 13th June 2024, 7:18 pm

Bill_G wrote:I turned off notifications but that must be for something else. I can ask at LQ if this is getting to newbieish. Thanks.

two places to check (actually uncheck) depending upon whether it is the tool tips in the action menu or the previews in the taskbar.

Taskbar: right mouse click on empty part of task bar and choose "configure icon-only task mgr".  Appearance/general uncheck show previews

The actions widget in taskbar is showing tool tips. That is in system settings workspace/ general window behavior - uncheck display tooltips in visual behavior setting. You might have to restart KDE for changes to take effect. I haven't tinkered in there much lately.

Last edited by Nish on 13th June 2024, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos clarification)
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 28th September 2024, 8:01 pm