Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Reply to topic

XFCE logout menu - Getting rid of a button or two...

davecs

XFCE logout menu - Getting rid of a button or two... Empty XFCE logout menu - Getting rid of a button or two...

Post by davecs 5th July 2024, 11:37 am

One of the things I like best about XFCE is the logout screen. Other desktops have begun to overcomplicate this simple act. You change the default "Action Buttons" to ... er ... Action Buttons and select only "Log Out..." (it's important to use the one with the dots). Trouble is that, on my computer, Hybrid Sleep doesn't work, and clicking on it results in it taking too long to shut down, followed by restoring to a blank screen which I have to turn off by holding down the power button. Strangely enough, Suspend and the usual Hibernate work well. If you have the same problem, the line of code you need, in a terminal, is:

Code:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -np '/shutdown/ShowHybridSleep' -t 'bool' -s 'false'

Now there is no longer the Hybrid Sleep option on my desktop.

You can do it changing ShowHybridSleep to ShowHibernate if that causes a problem, too.
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is 20th September 2024, 10:41 pm