Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters
  • Reply to topic

This is where you can request for specific packages not available in the repositories.

nobody
nobody

This is where you can request for specific packages not available in the repositories. Empty Ibam

Post by nobody 13th May 2024, 5:34 am

Ibam is missing. It is very useful in conky.

IBAM is an advanced battery monitor for laptops, which uses statistical and
adaptive linear methods to provide accurate estimations of minutes of
battery left or of the time needed until full recharge. It requires APM, ACPI
or PMU.

I am not able to insert link .. Sad

New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

This is where you can request for specific packages not available in the repositories. Empty Re: This is where you can request for specific packages not available in the repositories.

Post by Upgreyed 13th May 2024, 5:44 am

nobody wrote:Ibam is missing. It is very useful in conky.

IBAM is an advanced battery monitor for laptops, which uses statistical and
adaptive linear methods to provide accurate estimations of minutes of
battery left or of the time needed until full recharge. It requires APM, ACPI
or PMU.

I am not able to insert link .. Sad

This software was released in 2009. I would think that it is probably not maintained anymore.
nobody
nobody

This is where you can request for specific packages not available in the repositories. Empty Re: This is where you can request for specific packages not available in the repositories.

Post by nobody 13th May 2024, 9:29 am

Maybe not maintained for a log time, but working good in bookworm based distros. It is a simple one file program.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 13th May 2024, 7:25 pm

nobody wrote:Maybe not maintained for a log time, but working good in bookworm based distros. It is a simple one file program.
Added ibam_0.5.2-1pclos_amd64.deb
Have fun! Cool
nobody
nobody

Post by nobody 17th May 2024, 11:51 am

Skippy-xd would be fun and useful. affraid

This is where you can request for specific packages not available in the repositories. Skippy10
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 17th May 2024, 3:06 pm

Added Skippy-xd
I never heard of or used this before but you must open some app before launching it from the menu.
Not sure what this is really useful for? But I added for you to the repo. Cool
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post by Admin 19th May 2024, 2:02 pm

Disk Manager

Post by davecs Yesterday at 6:43 pm
This distro is based on Debian, and I know that when the current version was released, the developers at Debian decided, for whatever reason, to abandon its Disk Manager, which was a decent program. It worked slightly differently to the Disk Management tab in Texstar's PCLinuxOS Control Centre, but was no better or worse to work with.

When MX Linux updated to be based on the new version of Debian, there were a lot of requests for a Disk Manager, and the devs there came up with one, and, although slightly different, it's just as good to use.

I tried to install the deb for it on PCLinuxOS Debian, it installs but doesn't work. I wonder if one of the devs for PCLOS Debian could take a look at it and see whether it could be adapted. It's all opensource, after all!

As an aside, for KDE users, KDE Partition Manager does automatically edit /etc/fstab if you create a path for a partition, but it doesn't create the mount point. So, for example, if I use it to mount my Windows partition at /mnt/Windows, /etc/fstab is amended, but it still can't be mounted because there is no subfolder "Windows" created under /mnt/. Once you open a root Dolphin and create one, it mounts just fine. So near yet so far!!

Last edited by Admin on 19th May 2024, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post by Admin 19th May 2024, 2:08 pm

Disk Manager

https://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/main/d/disk-manager/

I have looked it over but some lines of code is specific to their own MX-Linux.
I would have to install MX-linux and trace down where their files are located and fix the pkg for us.
Not that it can't be done but some code will have to be changed for us.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 21st May 2024, 11:52 pm

Disk Manager

@ davecs

You can test this for yourself and if it works like it should then I will put it in the repo.
The help button is disabled in the user desktop but it works in the root desktop. It is useless by the way.

This is where you can request for specific packages not available in the repositories. Screen18

Last edited by Upgreyed on 23rd May 2024, 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
davecs

Post by davecs 23rd May 2024, 7:41 am

@Upgreyed

I didn't log into PCLOS Debian yesterday, I used PCLOS Tex. Logged in today, and when I used the Update Notifier, it was one of the updates that automatically installed DiskManager.

I just did a couple of small tests. I have a partition for all my music, mounted at /mnt/Music — I tried unmounting it, renaming it, mounting it at the new location, and putting it all back as it was. Everything worked as it should. The only tidying up I have to do is to remove the unused folder from the /mnt/ directory, but I would have expected to do that anyway. It would have saved me a lot of time had it been available at the time of installation, that's for sure! I might re-install at some point to give it a full test.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 23rd May 2024, 7:59 am

davecs wrote:@Upgreyed

I didn't log into PCLOS Debian yesterday, I used PCLOS Tex. Logged in today, and when I used the Update Notifier, it was one of the updates that automatically installed DiskManager.

I just did a couple of small tests. I have a partition for all my music, mounted at /mnt/Music — I tried unmounting it, renaming it, mounting it at the new location, and putting it all back as it was. Everything worked as it should. The only tidying up I have to do is to remove the unused folder from the /mnt/ directory, but I would have expected to do that anyway. It would have saved me a lot of time had it been available at the time of installation, that's for sure! I might re-install at some point to give it a full test.
Seems to work okay as the only part of the program was the write part that I was concerned about. I put it in the repo and if something don't work then I can fix or remove it. This program had a lot of rewriting of code for us to use it. Thanks for testing it!
davecs

Post by davecs 23rd May 2024, 5:58 pm

OK I went for the nuclear option. I went into another distro (PCLOS Tex/KDE) and removed all the mount points under /mnt/ (obviously in my PCLOS Debian partition) and edited them out of /etc/fstab leaving only proc, /, /home and swap. I then booted back into PCLOS Debian and attempted to use Disk Manager to put everything back. I found one error, when setting up a mount point for a ntfs partition. There's part of the default setting that reads "udi=o" instead of "uid=0" (zero). Once I edited that default, then it worked. A typo in the code?
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 23rd May 2024, 7:06 pm

davecs wrote:There's part of the default setting that reads "udi=o" instead of "uid=0" (zero). Once I edited that default, then it worked. A typo in the code?
I can't find anything related to "udi=o" in the disk manager code itself is there anything in the /etc/fstab-disk-manager-save.
davecs

Post by davecs 24th May 2024, 8:24 am

Upgreyed wrote:
I can't find anything related to "udi=o" in the disk manager code itself is there anything in the /etc/fstab-disk-manager-save.

No. However, the default is related to the mount point from /media for things that aren't in /etc/fstab. So it must be related to the defaults the system creates for windows system mounts.
nobody
nobody

Post by nobody 13th June 2024, 11:21 pm

Human-icon-theme is missing.

This is where you can request for specific packages not available in the repositories. Human-10
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 14th June 2024, 12:24 am

nobody wrote:Human-icon-theme is missing.

This is where you can request for specific packages not available in the repositories. Human-10

Added both to the repository human-icon-theme which also requires tangerine-icon-theme

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is 20th September 2024, 6:54 pm