Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters
  • Reply to topic

Strange bluetooth behaviour with KDE bluetooth applet in system tray.

davecs

Strange bluetooth behaviour with KDE bluetooth applet in system tray. Empty Strange bluetooth behaviour with KDE bluetooth applet in system tray.

Post by davecs 21st May 2024, 4:43 pm

If I boot to my KDE desktop, then switch on my bluetooth headphones, the volume control icon can select the "Bluetooth Headset" option, but the bluetooth icon doesn't show the headphones as connected. If I try to connect them via the bluetooth icon, it just goes into a loop. So I have to check via the volume control icon first to see whether the headphones are connected. Strange. It doesn't happen every time, though.

P.S. I had the opposite scenario, on occasion, with Texstar's PCLOS KDE, where the phones are connected, the Bluetooth icon shows them as connected, but I can't actually connect to them.

I'm assuming therefore, that this issue may be a KDE issue. Has it happened to anyone else?
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Strange bluetooth behaviour with KDE bluetooth applet in system tray. Empty Re: Strange bluetooth behaviour with KDE bluetooth applet in system tray.

Post by Upgreyed 22nd May 2024, 7:04 am

Unless someone is using the same setup and has a direct answer? Maybe you could boot up a live MATE or one of the other OS's and try it to weed
out if the problem is just related to KDE Plasma. I don't have an answer for you on that issue.
davecs

Strange bluetooth behaviour with KDE bluetooth applet in system tray. Empty Re: Strange bluetooth behaviour with KDE bluetooth applet in system tray.

Post by davecs 22nd May 2024, 7:08 am

I suspect it's KDE because the headphones are connected and working, but the systray applet and the KDE control centre don't realise! But who knows?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is 29th June 2024, 5:50 am