Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters
  • Reply to topic

Possibly the stupidest question you will get in here but...

Nish
Nish

Possibly the stupidest question you will get in here but... Empty Possibly the stupidest question you will get in here but...

Post by Nish 20th May 2024, 1:34 pm

...where can I find MyLive anything on the deb edition?  I was afraid to ask over at regular PCLOS because this isn't an "official" community edition (for want of better wording).

I have been running this version with cinnamon for a few months but really want a stable KDE in my uh, stable Smile

I have downloaded latest  plasma ISO and everything seems to work out of the box so planning to overwrite the cinnamon one but would like to preserve it if possible just in case. My storage space is quite limited and no resources to get anymore.  Toying with the idea of just adding KDE to the cinnamon install but I need to run lean and mean if you know what I mean  lol!

So where is the tool to make a live ISO out of my current install before I blow this one away? I can store on my windoze shared drive in case I want to go back to cinnamon.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Possibly the stupidest question you will get in here but... Empty Re: Possibly the stupidest question you will get in here but...

Post by Upgreyed 20th May 2024, 4:30 pm

Nish wrote:...where can I find MyLive anything on the deb edition?  I was afraid to ask over at regular PCLOS because this isn't an "official" community edition (for want of better wording).

I have been running this version with cinnamon for a few months but really want a stable KDE in my uh, stable Smile

I have downloaded latest  plasma ISO and everything seems to work out of the box so planning to overwrite the cinnamon one but would like to preserve it if possible just in case. My storage space is quite limited and no resources to get anymore.  Toying with the idea of just adding KDE to the cinnamon install but I need to run lean and mean if you know what I mean  lol!

So where is the tool to make a live ISO out of my current install before I blow this one away? I can store on my windoze shared drive in case I want to go back to cinnamon.
It is called the Snapshot Tool or Snapshot Creation Tool and it is in the menu on all the iso's. Very easy to use. Just use the default (next ,next) and you will be fine with it. I recommend that you do some house cleaning of not needed files as it will create a full live and installable iso from your setup. Cool
Nish
Nish

Possibly the stupidest question you will get in here but... Empty Re: Possibly the stupidest question you will get in here but...

Post by Nish 20th May 2024, 6:54 pm

Thank you. I was expecting to find something actually called MyLiveCD/USB. I will take a look. I thought snapshot tools required a special file format and I just use ext4 and ntfs. Never even tried Mint's and I have seen that in there. I have very little data in my installs and I will clean up the apt cache first too. It is mostly configuration saving so if I can can keep it stored somewhere in case I need it that will be some peace of mind.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 20th May 2024, 7:12 pm

CopyCat is somewhat like MyLiveUSB is. You can add a persistence install with it in PCLinuxOS Debian or most Debian derivatives. But the way Debian's file system is you can only add one iso to the USB key at a time.

Now on the flip side if you use CopyCat from your original PCLinuxOS install you have the same options as MyLiveUSB to install as many PCLinuxOS iso's that will fit on a USB key and the option to install most Debian iso's on it if you prefer that option too. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is 20th September 2024, 8:44 pm