Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters
  • Reply to topic

Old hand here...

davecs

Old hand here... Empty Old hand here...

Post by davecs 16th May 2024, 3:34 pm

I first came across Texstar when I was looking for free repositories for Mandrake. I wandered off somewhere else, Gentoo, I recall, then one day I discovered that Texstar had started his own distro, and I've been using PCLinuxOS since version 0.81. At present, I maintain 6 partitions that I can use for root on my hard drive, plus one that's hardly ever booted: Windoze.

On the other partitions, I've had MX Linux which is also based on Debian, and also avoids using systemd, but by a different method which is an app called systemd-shim which fools programs that depend on it into thinking it's there. It might be worth trying, it gives a choice when booting between sys-V and systemd.

I've been interested in looking into PCLinuxOS Debian since I heard about it, but now it's got to the point where I can actually install it (see my thread about the /home partition, which is now solved). So here I am!! The challenge now is to get my PCLinuxOS Debian partition as usable as my main PCLinuxOS KDE.

MLU — 70 next month! Barking, Greater London, England.

Upgreyed and w3ie like this post

Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Old hand here... Empty Re: Old hand here...

Post by Upgreyed 16th May 2024, 4:48 pm

Welcome to the forum davecs!
Us 'ole dogs might not like new changes but we eventually overcome and conquer! Wink
w3ie
w3ie

Post by w3ie 17th May 2024, 7:43 am

Hello davecs,
Welcome from the Keytone State USA Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is 29th June 2024, 8:29 am