Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters
  • Reply to topic

[Solved] Fail to create remastered iso

ika

[Solved] Fail to create remastered iso Empty [Solved] Fail to create remastered iso

Post by ika 5th September 2024, 5:40 am

Hi!
I tried to create a personal iso but resulted a 29.0 MiB iso!!!... Sad
I didn't make any changes in the config window, I left everything as it was.Where is the fail?
It passed me three times. Neutral
Any suggestion to sort this?
TIA, Ika.

Last edited by ika on 16th September 2024, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

[Solved] Fail to create remastered iso Empty Re: [Solved] Fail to create remastered iso

Post by Upgreyed 5th September 2024, 8:25 am

ika wrote:Hi!
I didn't make any changes in the config window, I left everything as it was.Where is the fail?
TIA, Ika.
The snapshot tool is working without error. I just created 6 iso's from different desktops. Did you remove any dependencies needed?
Did you reboot your install and try again? Did you check size and space? Did you reinstall the snap-shot tool? Did you run it in the terminal
and check the /var/log/snapshot-tool log? The log is removed if the snapshot tool completes when it's job is done correctly and does not fail. Wink
ika

[Solved] Fail to create remastered iso Empty Re: [Solved] Fail to create remastered iso

Post by ika 5th September 2024, 12:22 pm

Upgreyed wrote:
ika wrote:Hi!
TIA, Ika.
The snapshot tool is working without error. I just created 6 iso's from different desktops. Did you remove any dependencies needed?
Did you reboot your install and try again? Did you check size and space? Did you reinstall the snap-shot tool? Did you run it in the terminal
and check the /var/log/snapshot-tool log? The log is removed if the snapshot tool completes when it's job is done correctly and does not fail. Wink

Not sure what dependencies are you refer to... Neutral
There is no snapshot-tool log file /var/log. In fact there are only four folders there. No any .log files.
Maybe there's no enough free space, because I'm running the system in VBox and the allocated space is 19 GB and the installation takes about 9 GB, it means about 45%.
Maybe the remaining free space is not enough...If so, maybe I'll try to create a VB 30 GB installation.
Thanks, Ika.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 5th September 2024, 12:46 pm

ika wrote:
Maybe the remaining free space is not enough...If so, maybe I'll try to create a VB 30 GB installation.
Thanks, Ika.
Yes sir!
ika

Post by ika 16th September 2024, 7:36 am

OK. I created a new 33GBS VM and all is working fine.Thanks!
Ika.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is 20th September 2024, 8:50 pm