Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters
  • Reply to topic

Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here?

sling-shot
sling-shot

Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here? Empty Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here?

Post by sling-shot 17th July 2024, 4:07 pm

I am not a developer but I can read ABCD.... hence I want to look at the code that runs behind the beautiful PCLinuxOS software and fix any spelling errors or something if I can.

For that I need the source code. Where can I find it?
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here? Empty Re: Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here?

Post by Upgreyed 17th July 2024, 8:06 pm

sling-shot wrote:I am not a developer but I can read ABCD.... hence I want to look at the code that runs behind the beautiful PCLinuxOS software and fix any spelling errors or something if I can.

For that I need the source code. Where can I find it?
Spelling errors? Where do you see them? You can easily download the .deb and check and read the files from here.

http://u.pc.cd/3CVotalK

http://u.pc.cd/IonctalK

For me there is no since for me to keep a tarball of it as I am the creator and packager for pclos debian. If you want a request of a
change then post or message me for a correction. Thanks!  Wink

sling-shot
sling-shot

Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here? Empty Re: Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here?

Post by sling-shot 18th July 2024, 3:02 pm

Spelling errors was the wrong term.

On opening the control centre I found that 3rd option is not aligned well. So thought I could learn something by going through the code.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 18th July 2024, 3:13 pm

sling-shot wrote:Spelling errors was the wrong term.

On opening the control centre I found that 3rd option is not aligned well. So thought I could learn something by going through the code.
Do you mean the dialogs centered? I see no problems unless you have your screen option not centered for popup dialogs? Can you post an image please?
sling-shot
sling-shot

Post by sling-shot 19th July 2024, 12:17 am

Code:
https :// postimg. cc/34kBh2hP

I had to do that because I am not allowed to post links right now.
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 19th July 2024, 8:04 am

sling-shot wrote:
Code:

The link you posted doesn't seem to work. You need to have a minimum of 5 posts to add an image on the forum.
You then should be able to click on "Host an image" tab and insert an image. Wink
tbs
tbs

Post by tbs 19th July 2024, 11:02 am

Upgreyed wrote:
sling-shot wrote:
Code:

The link you posted doesn't seem to work. You need to have a minimum of 5 posts to add an image on the forum.
You then should be able to click on "Host an image" tab and insert an image. Wink

Remove the spaces, then you get https://postimg.cc/34kBh2hP
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 19th July 2024, 12:49 pm

@sling-shot

The control center has no alignment problem. The problem is in plasma only using a 16x16 icon where there should be a 48x48 icon. scratch
sling-shot
sling-shot

Post by sling-shot 19th July 2024, 2:15 pm

Ah, I see. Then I will mark it as "works as intentended, WON'T FIX"

Wink
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 19th July 2024, 2:19 pm

sling-shot wrote:Ah, I see. Then I will mark it as "works as intentended, WON'T FIX"

Wink
You can just search in the icons folder for "dialog-password-symbolic" and copy the icon to /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/apps/48
Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here? Screen28
sling-shot
sling-shot

Post by sling-shot 20th July 2024, 12:25 am

Upgreyed wrote:
sling-shot wrote:Ah, I see. Then I will mark it as "works as intended, WON'T FIX"

Wink
You can just search in the icons folder for "dialog-password-symbolic" and copy the icon to /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/apps/48
Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here? Screen28

I did that but even on relaunch PCC still showed up as before. Does it need a reboot to take effect?

I did take a look at the .deb you shared and it is definitely beyond my level of understanding at present Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here? 1f601
I could locate the individual strings in the main.py and pclinuxos.ui files but could not understand how the icons are picked and from where.
Also the left pane having Settings, Information, Forums and About icons shows vaiable sized icons and irregular alignment.

Can I just open the .deb file in Ark, edit an individual file and then install the .deb and check if any changes I made show the desired effect before bothering you again? Shocked
Upgreyed
Upgreyed
Admin

Post by Upgreyed 20th July 2024, 5:30 am

sling-shot wrote:
I did that but even on relaunch PCC still showed up as before. Does it need a reboot to take effect?

I did take a look at the .deb you shared and it is definitely beyond my level of understanding at present  Where to get sources for custom software such as the PCLinuxOS Control Centre used here? 1f601
I could locate the individual strings in the main.py and pclinuxos.ui files but could not understand how the icons are picked and from where.
Also the left pane having Settings, Information, Forums and About icons shows vaiable sized icons and irregular alignment.

Can I just open the .deb file in Ark, edit an individual file and then install the .deb and check if any changes I made show the desired effect before bothering you again? Shocked

sling-shot,
From the root terminal copy and paste this in the terminal:
Code:
cp /usr/share/icons/Numix-BLACK-Steel/scalable/status/dialog-password-symbolic.svg /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/apps/48
You should be good after that. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 12:20 am